Thursday 14 August 2014

new experience

It was second time for me to take part in the field trip since I came to the LINC school.

The subject of this field trip is farm visiting and you can buy some favorite vegetables back to home.

Today is same beautiful day as the 1st field trip, though the weather forecast predicted it would be raining.

My classmate Brenna picked up me in front of the door of my apartment, then Brenna drove Max, Majid and I to the farm.

The most classmates had arrived at the farm when we reached. They told us we could pick only two kinds of vegetables---corns & beans, but we might buy some other vegetables which were put in the small indoor market. I thought the corns & beans were enough for me.

The owner introduced the knowledge of corns to us before we began to pick. How to choose? Which is better? Which is sweeter? Then everyone enjoyed the picking, someone even tasted the whole raw corn. I tasted a grain of the corn, it was very very sweet.

Joyce and Max reminded me I didn't need to pick too many, because I lives alone at present. Finally, accepting the advice told from Joyce and Max, I picked a little of yellow beans & green beans, and 8 corns. I paid $2.75 to the farmer. I didn't know whether the price was cheap, as I lived in the Toronto only for 1.5 months, but it was OK, I enjoyed this field trip very much. Everyone took pleasure in joining the activity. It was a good and new experience for me.

Now I am hungry, let's eat corns^-^

2014/08/14









No comments:

Post a Comment